As a leading Atlanta event design company, many of our clients want to know how we really get things done. Sure, they love the finished product, but what are the inner workings and methods of a full-service event production and design company like us?
We’ll let you in on a little secret: at Track Seven Events, we simply love what we do. That’s a big part of it. Our team is made up of passionate, talented individuals that excel at what they do. And that allows us to help make your event dreams a reality.
But we also have a process to our customized event design, and here’s a little look at it.
1. The creation phase. The creation phase is how we begin. It is during this time that we talk about the concept and theme of your event. We’ll brainstorm for unique ideas just for you. We do this by taking your initial thoughts and using them as a jumping point to create a theme and concept, which will create a unique event experience unlike any other!
2. Preparing the estimate. As soon as we have come up with a concept, we start thinking about the budget to make this dream a reality. Our aim is to create an accurate estimate of what everything will cost, right down to special lighting, custom-built props, and even the music. We’ll also keep your budget range in mind.
3. Selecting the venue. The right venue really matters, and getting that space will depend on a number of factors like budget, availability, size, rental costs, and set-up time. If you have a specific venue in mind, we’ll do our best to make that work. But if it doesn’t, we’ll come up with viable alternatives for you to consider.
4. Design and production. During this phase, we’ll create floor plans and renderings so that you can see how everything will be laid out. This is the point where we also create the flow of events, the agendas and menus, entertainment, and lighting design for your approval. We will also start building special props and bars, and install any special equipment needed for your party.
5. Execution. This is where the real magic happens – because it’s your event! Of course, prior to launch, we’ll do a few run-throughs, sound checks, and rehearsals to make sure everything is just perfect for the real thing.
One of the things we are asked about all the time is the secret of our success. As a full-service event production and design company, we exist in an extremely saturated market. It seems like there are new event planners and design companies popping up all the time. So, what is the secret of our success?
At Track Seven Events, we believe it all comes down to client engagement. Sure, you’ve got to be motivated, creative, and innovative when it comes to planning and designing an event, but the way in which you work with your clients is a big part of that. It is important to go beyond the typical business relationship and nurture that give-and-take you have with your clients during the creative process.
Building a lasting relationship with clients, which typically allows you to work together many times, is all about the right type of interaction. Work together on planning the event – really listen to what the client’s vision is and share your ideas. If the client has thoughts on a theme, take them into consideration. As a creative company, we aim to make our clients’ event dreams become a reality, and we cannot achieve that without working closely with them on every event.
In today’s busy – and highly competitive – event industry, the dynamic between the client and event planning company has evolved. It is no longer the simple exchange of services, but a relationship that often lasts well beyond when the final event has passed. We think it is important to engage and educate our clients on our services, the technology we use, and how we plan to give them an event experience they won’t forget.
Thanks to our ability to build client relationships that transcend the typical business exchange, we have been able to work with many of the same clients over the years on their weddings, corporate events, bar mitzvahs, wrap parties, fashion shows, and much more!
If there is one thing that your Atlanta event design company needs to know, it is the importance of event lighting. Lighting sets the tone and mood of your event, and bad event lighting can be disastrous. Thanks to advances in lighting technology combined with creative lighting designers, high-end event lighting design is now accessible to everyone.
Lighting an event goes far beyond simply illuminating a room. Good lighting is a necessity as it can carry a strong and immediate presence. The lighting for an event is a defining feature and can set the tone for the entire evening. Think about it: when you walk into an event, the lighting can drastically alter your emotions, energy, and mood.
Your event design company will tell you that event lighting is typically broken down into three different categories: functional, atmospheric, and dynamic. Each category plays its own essential role in event design as well as safety. But, even with safety-related lighting, a talented designer can make it look magical! It all comes down to brightness, color temperature, and shadows.
From the moment guests enter a space, the lighting plays an important role. There must be some light to allow for guests to move about safely, but it also needs to achieve the right ambience. Light is a great illusion-maker and can transform an otherwise boring conference room into a magical ball. Lighting can create a unique perspective, focus, and even change the way an event space appears.
Talented lighting designers are able to make things seemingly disappear. Although many people think of illumination when considering lighting, lights can be used to create shadows and darken a space, thus hiding unattractive features of a venue while at the same time highlighting its best features. Everything from ugly carpeting, unattractive wallpaper, and cavernous ceilings can be camouflaged with the right kind of lighting.
Gray. You may have once thought that this hue, or lack thereof, was boring and bland, but today it is all the rage in event design. A little cleaner, a little more streamlined, and a little more neutral these days.
Using gray as part of the color scheme can add a striking – and even exciting – look to any event, regardless of theme. Gray can be used to accentuate a sleek, glamorous design or to boast a shabby-chic vibe. Because gray really is so versatile, it allows event designers to really play up the rest of the space through inventive lighting, bright accent colors, and customized props.
So, how can event designers really use gray to bring contrast and excitement to an event space?
Here are some ideas and examples of how this color scheme trend is making an impression:
· Use as the color backdrop for the event’s décor and theme. For example, transform a boring hotel ballroom into something stylish and sleek by lining the walls with slate gray fabric and using blush tones as accents throughout the room. Make sure that the walls have a bit of texture that complement whatever blush accents you use.
· Use a monochromatic color scheme for the event’s seating, but take it a step further by bringing in soft gray ultra-suede chairs, sofas, and lounges. This muted color palette and soft furnishings can be contrasted with clear Lucite dining tables and custom made bars. Be sure to use a pop of bright or even pale shades to accentuate the tone of the calm coloring.
· For a unique industrial feel with a modern twist, use shades of gray as the main color of an event, but also play with texture. Transform the event space from a typical lounge area to a dystopian, futuristic salon by using metal mesh curtains, large black-and-white photographs, and zinc table accents.
So, if your event designer mentions using gray as a main color motif don’t shy away – it will likely be unique and completely fabulous.
At Track Seven Events, we have the best job in the world – everyday we get to have fun designing, producing, and planning a wide range of special events like weddings, bar mitzvahs, charity galas, fashion shows, social and corporate events. But, there are a lot of other event design and production companies out there. So, how do we stand out in this already saturated market?
Get your name out there, but do great work
When you work in a competitive industry like event design, you’ve got to get your name out there so that clients know to come to you for their event planning needs. But, simply having your name out there isn’t good enough. You’ve also got to deliver high-quality work. At Track Seven Events, we are proud of the work we’ve done on all of our events, which is why we love to share pictures and stories about how we accomplished the design with our past and present clients. Much of the work we’ve done can be seen in our event design gallery on our website.
Find your niche, and excel within it
Not all event design firms are created equal. Some specialize only in weddings and social events, while others only do corporate events. We are a full-service event design and production company specializing in lighting, theme décor, and prop fabrication. Our areas of expertise lie in event lighting, visual aids like 3D mapping, digital screens, image projection, and custom props and bars. Our clients are looking for something unique and memorable, and we work closely with them to make their dreams become a reality.
We listen, work with clients on conceptualizing a theme, and design the event all within the parameters of our clients’ budget and ideas. The truth of the matter is, there are a lot of event design and production companies out there, but we know how to deliver high-quality results that have made our clients return to us for all of their events.
Every event management team knows that the room layout is an essential aspect of event design. However, if you don’t take the time to map out the room layout and design, things can go awry and you may end up wasting invaluable time in the planning stages only to find out that the design doesn’t quite work within the space.
Consider mapping the room layout in terms of architecture and construction – you can’t just begin work on a building without a set of blueprints, can you? The blueprints act as a map and outline what the intended structure should be. In the event planning and design industry, the room layout is essentially the event planner’s set of blueprints.
Still not convinced that preparing a room layout is essential? Here are some reasons why it really matters:
· Will everything fit? Whether you’re planning a wedding, bar mitzvah, fashion show, or corporate event, chances are you’re going to have tables, chairs, props, and other large pieces that will need to fit within the space. A room layout will help you gauge how much space you actually have.
· Do you have rear projection? A room layout of the venue not only helps you understand how much space you have to work with but will give you a better idea of the best place to set up for rear projection and backstage areas, if needed.
· What kind of seating do you have? Most events have seating for guests, but the type of seating will be determined by the amount of space available in the room. Will you need to arrange chairs in rows or can you scatter them?
· Can the guests see everything? A detailed room layout map will show you exact guest sightlines. This is particularly important for awards ceremonies, concerts, weddings, and fashion shows. Mapping it out lets you figure out exactly where projectors, stages, and seating should go without blocking anyone’s view. You’ll also be able to tell if any room obstructions will get in the way.
Of course, these aren’t the only reasons why a room layout is important during the planning stages of an event. Event management is all about preparation and mapping out the room layout will benefit everyone from the design and technology management team to the host and guests.
Behind-the-Scenes with an Event Organizer
Track 7 Events